Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Want My Daddy

Sometimes it feels this world of problems and struggles is just too much to bear. I feel like a little girl with snot running down her nose, hair and clothes all rumpled, tears smeared across my face. My thoughts are racing, "Where's my Daddy? Where has He gone?" I'm searching and looking. Running from room to room. I'm looking for my Daddy so He can pull me up on His lap and tell me it's going to be okay -that He will beat up the bad guys who are chasing me, and give me the feeling and assurance that He will protect me. I can feel Him wiping my tears with the corner of my dress and He is holding me tight. I feel safe and alright. I smell His neck and his scent relaxes me. He tickles me and makes me laugh. I soon forget what troubled me. We're both laughing. And I'm kissing His cheek. He whispers, "What does my baby girl want?" I know that whatever my heart's desire is, He will give me. I can hear my own voice say, "Just hold me close, Daddy. Just hold me a whole lot longer." From Hebrews 13:5,b God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

1 comment: