Friday, August 3, 2012

One Of Those Days

Sometimes I just want comfort, because the ache of missing someone is so great. I just don't want to get out of bed, because the thoughts haunt and linger like an old friend, and I wonder if they remember me. Sometimes I just don’t want to fake a smile, because the emotions are just way too close to the surface and it feels like I’m truly at the breaking point of a tear slipping down. No, thank you. I have come this far. So I just want to eat some chocolate, or maybe a comforting gourmet cheese sandwich with soup; but please, please don’t drag me anywhere. I’m just tired, very tired. I know this temporary feeling will pass just like a quick little rain shower. I’m not going backward, I refuse to do that. I’m going forward, if only someone could hold me and not say a word. Written by Jenny Williams, Ruby Wives Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I feel this way--wounds still fresh. I am trusting God and praying for marriage restoration. Have you seen rejoicemarriageministries website?
    That feeling you describe is such an ache. You can't explain it to anyone--can't catch your breath, body feels heavy, life feels blurry. But bills need to be paid. I agree that you should speak positively about your spouse. Do you believe in covenant marriage. I pray that God will restore marriages.
    The spouse feels convicted--God is speaking loudly to them. God will lead them out of darkness to the light. They will return home to their one flesh spouse.

    ReplyDelete