Friday, July 6, 2012

When You're Weary

God does not need to rely on us to fight. He has all the strength and power to overcome anything, but He does want us to trust Him and believe that He will fight for us. Our circumstances most likely will not change if we're trying to change them with our own abilities. His word says, in 1 Samuel 17:44, "All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and He will give all of you into our hands.” It's difficult at times to just be still and trust Him that He is working things out. When we struggle and fight, we are really fighting ourselves, making ourselves weary and tired. That's something the enemy wants -for us to be tired, confused, and to lose hope. Burnout is bad, because then you really want to throw in the towel and not trust God. Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Mathew 11:28. Resting in His word and His presence is not giving up, it's trusting. Trust is so important to our Heavenly Father. He wants and desires that from us. If we are not completly relying on Him, it's like were saying His Word is a lie. This would be insulting to Him. Thankfully He knows and understands our human frailty and loves us anyway. Lord, I lay down at your feet everything that concerns me. I ask you for the strength and faith to keep it all in Your hands, and for me to not pick up my worries again. You will perfect that which concerns me. Your eyes are on me and I rest in You alone. Your Word is all I need. Thank you for taking care of what concerns me today. I trust in You and lean not on my own understanding. You will guide and direct my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment