Monday, October 15, 2012

Be At Rest

"LORD, You have assigned me my portion and my cup. You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me. Even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:5-8

God is so good that even while we are sleeping, He instructs our hearts. I woke up this morning just feeling a deep sense of "Rest". I share this for someone who might need it. I personally have done what I can do regarding certain situations and prayers that I have prayed. I'm at a place of restfulness and peace, and I know this is the Holy Spirit, because I generally am not like that. Being at complete rest does not mean you have given up, but that you are in complete rest knowing He has it in hand. ♥ Bless the Lord, Oh my soul and all that is within me, Bless His Holy name. I was battling restlessness and the frustrations of not getting what I was praying for. His mercy is so good, because He let me know He has it "all" and I don't need to fret anymore about these circumstances that have been pressing on me. He has heard me and He has it taken care of it "all". Psalm 116:7 "Let my soul be at rest again, for the LORD has been good to me." Being at rest also means trust. He loves it when we trust Him. ♥ Trust is precious. It's intimate. It's sacred. It's honorable. Poppa God, I trust You. Heavenly Father, I come before you in reverence and with thanksgiving. I delight in You, and I know and trust that You have heard my prayers and my heart's cry. I lay myself in sweet rest in Your lap, knowing that You have all these concerns and worries in Your hands. I rest with expectation. I am covered and wrapped in Your blanket of grace and love. I rest in Your shadows. I rest under Your wings. I rest in Your name for You are with me. Great is your faithfulness, O God. Your peace is upon me! Written By Jenny Williams, Ruby Wives, Copyright 2012 All rights reserved. Scriptures from NIV and New Living Translation. Please feel free to share for encouragement purposes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment