Monday, June 24, 2013

He Rescued Me

2 Samuel 22:17
“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters."

I am a living testimony that Poppa God can reach down and pull you out of dark places that you feel too afraid and overwhelmed to get out of. I have been through just about every kind of heartache and disappointing experience you can imagine: physical and mental abuse and abandonment, unwanted divorce, miscarriages, poverty, chronic illness and rejection. I've been cheated on, left for another woman, felt suicidal, hopeless, and deeply depressed. 

During these various trials and seasons I at times thought I would lose my mind, but I trusted in His great Mercy and Grace and I called on His name -the name of JESUS. Sometimes I could barely whisper it under my breath, but He heard the cry of heart. The only name who could rescue me and save me. Without Him, I would have been dead long ago. In the darkest times He has been the one who I could rely on. I am no longer a victim, but an overcomer. My scars are still here as a living testimony of His faithfulness. 

If you are in the dark place where you see nothing but tears and pain, there is HOPE for you. Cry out to Jesus and tell Him you can't overcome this alone. He will grab a hold of you and pull you out; and when you are too tired to go any further, you can lay in His everlasting arms and He will carry you. Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord- Plans for good and not for evil, to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE." Hold onto Him and you will make it to the other side. Jenny Williams, Ruby Wives
Copyright 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment